page contents

CHRISTMAS AT BHOPAL 1942

Bhophal 1942

Went out Christmas Eve to railway station at Bhopal owing to no beer in camp.

Christmas day here and still no beer!

Had Chicken for Christmas dinner but very tough, but enjoyed it very much.  They told us we would have plenty of beer for Christmas but Boxing day here and still no beer!  I think this is the worse Christmas I have ever had. Had fine Yule-tides escape!

One guard shot another one.  Still when I think of the prisoner I consider myself lucky.


I had my Christmas mail from Olive so I don't mind, went to the pictures during Christmas.

Hopefully I will be home with the wife by next year, as this life gets me down.  It came on D.R.O. that married men will have to do three years so my hope of two years deteriorated but soon be done two years now.